Thursday, April 8, 2010

Soon...Very Soon!

Hi!
For those of you waiting patiently for my first challenge story...I'm not done quite yet. BUT...I am ALMOST done, then I will spend a day proofreading and editing and it should be posted by the tenth! Right on time. I am still reading Anne Lamott's book and I checked out a grammar book from the library to review some things. I requested the audio book of Stephen King's, "On Writing". I know it sounds weird to get an audio book on writing. But.....I am a SAHM and have very little time, so this works well for me.

I was really posting this today to show you what my creative writing teacher said about me and my writing. I grew to really respect my professor and trust what he says. Our class ended, unfortunately, two weeks ago, but he sent me a response to my self-evaluation yesterday. Here is a quote from his response:

"I hope you do keep writing. I hope you'll keep working on the Patrick Sullivan story. It has a remarkably sophisticated use of POV."

Compliments like that really keep me going! Sometimes I feel like I have no sense of whether my writing is good or not. I lack a sense of self-esteem, too. So when people say things like that, I want to strive to be better.

My story will be posted soon! Like I said, it is coming out a little eerie and dark. But I think I like the message I am trying to get across. Let's hope my readers will see the message!

1 comment:

  1. Lol! Well, you'll do one better than I will, because I'm putting my story up as is. It'll be first draft and it'll have to do, because I've been so busy! But I also really like that we started this challenge together. And I like your writing, I especially liked the Patrick Sullivan story.

    ReplyDelete